For the second heart in the 14 Hearts series, I decided to keep it simple with just a few rolled paper flowers and some foliage. I really like the combination of bright colours with Kraft, so that was the colour scheme I chose.
- Cut 2 scalloped hearts (145mm) from Kraft card and one from pink card.
- Glue together.
- Cut 2 hearts (125mm) from Kraft card and glue together.
- Glue the smaller heart to the scalloped heart.
- Cut 3 rolled paper flowers with the heart-shaped petals from pink paper. (I used 135gsm. The large flower was set to130mm width and the smaller flowers were set to 100mm width.)
- Cut 2 rolled paper flowers from purple paper (I set the size to 100mm width).
- Cut various types of foliage from green card. Use different shades for added interest.
- Make the flowers
- start from the outside and roll towards the centre
- Keeping a loose hold of the top and bottom of the rolled flower allow it to unfurl a little.
- Add glue to the end of the flower and hold it firmly against the bottom of the flower (use hot flue for quicker adhesion).
- Glue the foliage down.
- Glue the flowers down starting with the large pink flower at the centre and arranging the smaller flowers around it.
Process video (short):