Last year I did a 10 Cards 1 Kit post where I used a paper pack as my "kit". I like the idea of doing something similar and this Christmas-themed paper pack that I found at Creative Fabrica seemed like a good fit. I like the mix of colours and imagery and the potential to make a complete card kit from it.
To make up the card kit you could:
- use a graphics program to separate the gingerbread, holly sprigs, candy and poinsettias into individual files to give a set of embellishments.
- print the backing papers as is (in 12x12 format) or manipulate them in a graphics program to create a smaller scale repeat as the patterns are (more-or-less) seamless.
- use the colour picker tool to create your own coordinating plain card for matting and layering.
- create a sheet of generic sentiments (like in this blog post) for your card fronts or interiors.
- bring in some other elements from your stash (like glitter, glitter card, mirror card, gems etc.) to add some pizzazz...
…and you've made your own card kit! I'll make a separate post (and maybe a video) with more details and the results, so stay tuned.