If you've read my last couple of posts you'll know that I now have a LOT of die cut flowers in my stash. I don't really have any plans for them, but it would be a shame to leave them bagged up and in a box somewhere. So I made up a quick and easy hanging heart to display a few of them.
- I cut out the heart from old cereal boxes (I used a Sizzix Framelits heart die). [Incidentally, 4 or 5 layers of cereal box weight card glued together makes a good, rigid base comparable to chipboard or lightweight MDF.]
- I painted the background using cerulean blue and titanium white acrylic paint (I used a stencil brush for the clouds).
- I chose a selection of flowers and arranged them at the bottom of the heart. (I used a selection from my many Tattered Lace 3D decoupage flowers - Bell Flower, Hydrangea, Blossom and Bloemen Primula).
- I added a butterfly in the top left corner (downloaded from thehungryjpeg.com).
- To finish I attached some twine to the back with hot glue as a hanger.