- Trim an A6 card base to 14.5cm (i.e. 10.5 x 14.5cm). (This step is optional. I like to do it because it makes the borders around the patterned papers equal.)
- Cut two rectangles each measuring 9.5 x 13.5 cm and 7.5 x 11.5cm from two contrasting patterned papers. You should have four rectangles in total.
- Cut each of the rectangles in half across the diagonal. (If you have half-rectangle triangle dies you can just cut the triangles directly.) Make sure to cut in the same direction on all four of the rectangles. You should now have four large triangles and four smaller triangles (two each in two patterned papers).
- Position one of the large triangles in one corner of the card base, leaving an even border around the top and side. Take one of the large triangles with a different pattern and position it in the opposite corner of the card base.
- Place a smaller triangle in the middle of a larger triangle so that you have two different patterned papers on top of each other.
- Use a (black) fineliner to add faux stitching around all the edges.
- Cut two flowers (or other shape) - one from each patterned paper and add faux stitching all around the edges.
- Glue the flowers (or other shape) towards the right-angled corner of the smaller triangles. You can shape the flowers and only stick down the centres or you can glue them down flat. It's up to you!
- Add a sentiment at the centre.
|Variation 1 - Smaller triangles meeting at the centre diagonal. Also flowers are stuck down flat (more like applique).|
|Variation 2 - Card in landscape orientation and the corners of the smaller triangles are aligned with the corners of the larger triangles. Also no faux stitching.|
|Variation 3 - Square card base, smaller triangles meeting along the diagonal (as in variation 1) and alternative faux stitch pattern on the flowers.|
|Variation 4 - Square card base, smaller triangles meeting along the diagonal and alternative shape used for the embellishment.|
- A6 card blank
- Two types of patterned paper in contrasting colours.
- Scissors / Trimmer / Guillotine
- (Black) Fineliner pen <0.3mm