Search This Blog

22 January 2023

Butterfly Name Sign

  A few weeks ago my friend asked me to make a personalised gift for the daughter of a friend. I used one of the split monogram butterflies from this set.  I welded the name to the butterfly and then turned it into a multi-layered design in Affinity Designer.

  I exported the resulting files as SVGs, which I then imported into my ScanNCut to cut the various layers.  After gluing them all together I decided to use a spray varnish on both sides to protect the card and increase its longevity.


It's so pretty!  To display it tie some string to the antenna or glue it to the back of the butterfly to make a hanger, or put it in a box frame.


SUPPLIES and RESOURCES

Spray and Shine High Gloss Varnishhttps://tidd.ly/3D17HPP


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for reading and taking the time to comment. It iss always lovely to hear from you. ☺