Search This Blog

16 February 2022

Filigree Heart

14 Days of Hearts - No.3

I saw this pair of hearts, designed by Nic Squirrell and thought that they would work really well with gems or pearls on the round elements of the design.

Two Filigree Hearts SVG Cut Files


I used the heart on the left and made a slight modification in Canvas Workspace to add a little hanging loop to the top.

  • Add the file to your cutting machine software and set the desired height.  I chose 150mm.
  • Cut four layers from cardstock and glue them together.  This will give a sturdy structure.
  • Paint the stack.  I used "Glowing Peach" iridescent acrylic paint by Arteza.  (It has a pinkish base with gold shimmer.  The colour changes depending on the angle from which you view it.)  I painted both sides, but that is optional.
  • Once the paint is dry glue a selection of gems to the various corresponding elements in the paper cut.  I used horse eye, round and oval gems.
  • Add a ribbon or string to the hanging loop.


Process video (short):




Supplies


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for reading and taking the time to comment. It iss always lovely to hear from you. ☺