Search This Blog

11 December 2021

Stained Glass Papercut Collection - Peacock

Here's another design from the Stained Glass Papercut Collection from CraftWorld.  I love peacocks, so it was a given that this would be one of the first designs that I chose from the collection.


To make this card:

  • I wanted to back the peacock with a colourful patterned paper, so I imported the SVG to Canvas Workspace and created a mat to fit the peacock by drawing around it with the Path Tool.  So now when I resize the peacock design I can resize the mat at the same time!
  • The SVG was 8.5 x 14cm.  So I cut a piece of gold glitter card to 9 x 14.5cm and the card blank was 9.5 x 15cm.  
  • I glued the papercut and mat to the gold (champagne) glitter card, and then onto the card blank.
  • I added some gems to the peacock's tail in a coordinating peacock green.
It's a relatively simple design, but it has a lot of impact.  I can't remember where I got the glitter card from, but it is absolutely gorgeous 😍.

The papercut includes the sentiment "Best Wishes" , but it would be easy enough to make some additional sentiments.  The Breamcatcher font would fit the Art Deco aesthetic very well and is available to download for free.

The patterned paper that I used for the peacock is from this set.

Get the Stained Glass Peacock cut files and others from the collection here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for reading and taking the time to comment. It iss always lovely to hear from you. ☺