Search This Blog

14 December 2021

Nordic Winter Digital Paper Set - Card 1

I recently downloaded the Nordic Winter Christmas Backgrounds digital paper set.  I wanted to do a 10 cards 1 paper pack for this set, but I don't think that I'll have time to get that all done.  So I'm going to post about each card as I go rather than waiting for all the cards to be completed.

Nordic Christmas Digital Paper Set by Green Light Ideas (via CreativeFabrica.com)

To flesh out the paper pack I used the colour picker tool in my graphics program on the patterned paper to create some solid-colour coordinating cardstock  in pink, brown, grey, beige and blue.  I also made some generic Christmas sentiments using the brown background.  Take a look at this post to find out create your own sentiment strips. 

To make the card:

  • Draw (or print) a template for a Christmas jumper (sweater) onto plain white card, trace around it on the reverse of the patterned papers and then cut it out.
  • Trace around just the neck, cuffs and bottom of the jumper on plain white card, cut them out and glue them into place.
  • The card blank is 10.5 x 14.5cm.
  • Cut a piece of 10 x 14cm printed brown cardstock and glue to the card blank.
  • Cut a piece of 9.5 x 13.5cm blue and grey argyle patterned paper and layer on top of the brown card.
  • Glue the jumper (sweater) to the front of the card.  Use foam tape for added dimension (optional).
  • Place a sentiment of your choosing below the jumper (sweater). 

Here's the finished card:


Watch the process video:


Supplies:

280gsm+ White Card

190gsm matte printer paper* to print:

  1. Nordic Winter Christmas Backgrounds digital paper set 
  2. Brown cardstock (use the colour picker tool in a graphics program to get the same brown as on the patterned paper)
  3. Christmas sentiment strips on brown background (handmade)

*I get my photo paper from StinkyInk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for reading and taking the time to comment. It iss always lovely to hear from you. ☺