Search This Blog

10 December 2021

DIY Hanging Hearts - No Craft Supplies Required!

Back in March I released a Skillshare class about crafting with digital supplies.  The class is about making use of digital supplies to create physical items - in this case hanging hearts for home décor.  

I made a few samples, but I just realised that I haven't shared them on the blog!  I used old cereal boxes for the heart base, and the background and embellishments are items that I downloaded, printed and cut out.  

This was the prototype that I made when I was feeling out the idea for the class:


I wanted to show how the same basic ingredients could be used to produce different results, so this was an alternative arrangement that I designed:

I also had the idea to make the butterfly a real statement, so in this example I put it front and centre surrounded by the flowers and foliage to give a wreath-like effect.


For the final example I wanted to use a different papers from the sets that I used to make the hearts.  I also wanted to show a slightly different way to use the elements and still achieve a nice result.
 


The only supplies used were old cereal boxes, printer paper, scissors and glue.  All of the digital resources that I used in the class are available to download for free!


Free Mixed Media Painted Butterflies

Free Rose Gold Floral Sprays

Free Fantasy Watercolor Digital Paper Set

If you want to find out more, head over to Skillshare and check out the class here.  If you aren't a member you can get a free 14-day Premium membership trial which will allow you to watch this class and hundreds of others.  While you're there, take a look at my Easel Card class as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for reading and taking the time to comment. It iss always lovely to hear from you. ☺