Search This Blog

14 October 2017

Sparkle ✨

Over on the AAA Cards blog the challenge this week is a sketch:


Here's what I made:

sparkle_cas_card_01

sparkle_cas_card_detail


I used masking tape to create the band where I wanted the colour to go, then I dabbed Distress Stains (Mermaid Lagoon, Wilted Violet, Festive Berries and Worn Lipstick) randomly over the exposed area [I really love that combination of colours].  The colour was a bit intense so I used a tissue to take off the excess.  After drying with a heat tool, I stamped the sparkles and the sentiment with embossing ink and then covered with gold embossing powder.  

That was where I planned to leave it but some of the masking tape damaged the card as I was taking it off and this flower happened to be lying around and it matched the colour scheme pretty well, so it became part of the design.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! This is stunning! I love your colour combo - I must try it! How annoying that the masking tape damaged the card - but the flower is a perfect way of hiding that - I thought you had made it for the card before I read your post! Great take on the sketch. Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so pretty! thanks for joining us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous inky panel, love it! Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for reading and taking the time to comment. It iss always lovely to hear from you. ☺