This is a card that I made last Christmas, but I think that I will make some more this year too. It's pretty straightforward to make.
You will need:
- 6x6 card blank
- Gold Mirror card in different shades
- Kraft card
- Flat back pearls or Liquid Pearls
- Embossing folder
- Bow or ribbon
- Foam Pads
I used my Silhouette Portrait to cut out the holly leaves, but you could use a die, or a punch, or if you have the patience, do it by hand! I also used the Portrait to cut out a ring about 3 inches (7.5cm) in diameter to act as a base for the holly wreath.
- Start with a 6x6 (15x15cm) card blank.
- Cut a piece of mirror card to leave about a 1/2 cm (1/4 inch) border around the outside (so 5.5x5.5 inches or 14x14cm) and affix to the centre of the card blank.
- Cut a piece of Kraft card about 5x5 inches (13x13cm) and emboss using an embossing folder of your choice. I used Sheena Douglass' 7x5 swirls folder (one of my favourites).
- Affix the embossed Kraft card square to the centre of the mirror card mat.
- Cut about 20 holly leaves out of different shades of gold mirror card. If necessary emboss the veins onto each leaf using a ball tool or blunt pencil.
- Cut out a ring about 3 inches (7.5cm) diameter and 5/8 inch (1.5cm) wide from card for the wreath base.
- Attach the holly leaves to the ring, alternating shades and layering some to add dimension.
- Attach a bow at the bottom of the ring.
- Place flat-back pearls in groups of three around the wreath for berries.
- Attach the wreath to the card with foam pads.
- Place a pearl in each corner of the embossed Kraft panel.